Nothing can emulate the absolute euphoria of a winning goal.
The pure release of joy and relief when the ball hits the back of the net to earn your team three points is unmatched in soccer and, indeed, throughout sport in general.
Watch the story of Charlotte FC’s journey to MLS in 90min’s The Making of Charlotte FC, presented by DoorDash, on 90min channels now. Subscribe to our new US YouTube channel.
And that’s just for the fans. Imagine how the players feel when they score the decisive goal that sends supporters into hysterics and crushes the opposition.
Of course, it’s usually the strikers and forwards who come up with the goods in this regard. And that’s been the case in MLS this season, with some big characters coming up with huge goals.
Players with the same number of winning goals are separated by total goals scored.
- Jesus Ferreira, FC Dallas – 5 winning goals (15 total)
- Daniel Gazdag, Philadelphia Union – 5 winning goals (12 total)
- Maxi Urruti, Austin FC – 5 winning goals (7 total)
- Hany Mukhtar, Nashville SC – 4 winning goals (14 total)
- Diego Rubio, Colorado Rapids – 4 winning goals (12 total)
- Cristian Arango, LAFC – 4 winning goals (12 total)
- Romell Quioto, CF Montreal – 4 winning goals (12 total)
- Luis Amarilla, Minnesota United – 4 winning goals (8 total)
- Lucas Cavallini, Vancouver Whitecaps – 4 winning goals (8 total)
- Carlos Vela, LAFC – 4 winning goals (8 total)
Yael Averbuch West hosted none other than Christian Fuchs for the latest episode of Football Americana. The Charlotte FC captain provided insight into the creation of Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team, and bringing European culture into the American side.